Monday, September 7, 2009

Proper Representations, a guest post

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Ghandi After reading this quote I sat in a sort of contemplative silence.

I was questioning some things. I was questioning myself. Am I like my Christ? Do I give an accurate representation of my beautiful Jesus to the world? I wasn't thinking of this as a judgement, but as a wake-up call. I am a living, breathing, walking, talking representation. But what am I representing? Am I representing the beautiful and precious light of my Father? Am I representing the healing hand that he has for his beloved and sometimes wayward children? Or am I one more thing to represent a fallen world?

I cannot ignore the greatest calling that God has on my life - to serve him and show other people his love. If I am not doing that, than I have no reason for being here. God has showered me in so many blessings, and like a knight carrying the family crest, so proud and so willing to give up anything and everything to uphold the name of his fathers house. Carrying a banner so precious that everything would be willingly given up to uphold the family name and bring honor and glory to his Father. If a crest was so important as to give all to uphold its good name, how much more precious is the name, honor and glory of Jesus?

I am not even close to perfect in this area. But I will strive to uphold the name of The Father and to carry his message with pride, not letting it touch the ground or be trampled on. I want to bring a proper representation of God to this hurting world. Don't take this as a judgment but as a call to arms and a rally to the faithful, put on the armor of God and fight the good fight. "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 15:57

~Rachel, with Identity

This was a guest post by a teenage Rebelutionary girl. I hope you enjoyed reading. Since her blog is private, please leave a comment here with your email address if you would like to access her blog. I will personally let her know. Thanks! ~Buttercup

No comments:

Visitors