Hi Everyone! Well, I am finally able to start the study! :D I will do as many women of the Bible as I can, in order of appearance, so, Eve is first. The way I shall study it is using the 5 W's and an H. :) Please, study along.
WHO: Eve. The first woman mentioned in the Bible. The first woman to walk the face of the earth. The wife of Adam. The first mother. The first wife. The mother of Cain, Abel, Seth, and many other children. The "mother of all living."
WHAT: What is she? O.k. LOL. She is a woman. But more specifically, what did she do? Why is she mentioned in the Bible? First of all, Eve is the first woman, the first wife, the first mother, and the first sinner...Satan, in the form of a snake/serpent tempted her to eat the forbidden fruit and disobey God. He lied to her, and deceived her. Here is the story, as told in Genesis 3.
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
WHERE: In the garden of Eden. No one knows exactly where it is, but because of the description given in Genesis, some people think that it was near present day Kuwait, which is the tiny country right under Iraq. Around the area of the two rivers. Here is the scripture for it:
Genesis 2:8-15---8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin [a] and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. [b] 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
WHY: God created woman (Eve in particular) to be a help meet for man (Adam in particular), and a companion.
1. Genesis 2:20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.Genesis 2:19-21 (in Context) Genesis 2 (Whole Chapter)
2. Genesis 2:21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; Genesis 2:20-22 (in Context) Genesis 2 (Whole Chapter)
4. Genesis 2:23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.Genesis 2:22-24 (in Context) Genesis 2 (Whole Chapter)
HOW: God took one of Adam's ribs, and POOF! made a woman! :D
1. Genesis 2:22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Genesis 2:21-23 (in Context) Genesis 2 (Whole Chapter)
2. Genesis 2:23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Genesis 2:22-24 (in Context) Genesis 2 (Whole Chapter)
How did y'all like it? I hope it was enjoyable, and helpful. Also, I have two blogger friends that are also doing this study on their blogs. Libby and Anna. They started a few days before me, but now we've all done Eve, and Anna's done Sarah too. Please go look at their blogs, they are good friends, and fellow believers. :)