Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I want to be...

Have you ever thought about what you want to be when you grow up? Most everyone does. It's what most people call "normal." Are you normal? Do you want to be normal? These are some questions to ponder as we explore this subject. Please answer the question before you read on! It makes it more worthwhile to read. :)

What do you want to be when you grow up? Do you want to be a doctor? Teacher? EMT? Firefighter? Police officer? Store manager? What? When you were young, you were probably prompted by your parents, teachers, grandparents, and friends to pick something to be "when you grow up."

Should we think about it? In my opinion, that is a good thing to think about, because (for example) if you are going to be a doctor in the future, then you have to have the eight years or so of training, so you have to think about it before you can be it. But, I think, that we think about it too much. We are so sure that we will live another day, that we don't even think about it any more. In the Bible, it says that we are not even promised to live today, every day is a gift from God.

What is normal? Normal means that some thing or some person is the same as most everything else. It means that it is not different, it is familiar, not random, natural.

Are you normal? Personally, I don't think I am normal. For many reasons, here are some; #1 I am homeschooled, not public schooled like "normal." #2 I am a Christian. #3 I dress modestly (in my opinion, people have different ideas about what is modest). But, I am also normal too, here are some examples of how I am normal; #1 I enjoy sports, photography, blogging, etc. #2 I like being with friends and family. So, on the outside I probably look pretty normal, but what matters is whats inside. God is what I want at the center of my life, but I fail, like a normal human being. :P

Do you want to be normal? Most people do, they want to "fit in," they want to be accepted. They want to please others so that they will be accepted in. But, would you rather live to please people or God?

What is the most important thing to you? For me, God. Then family, friends, and my brothers and sisters in Christ. This is a very important question. If you answered truthfully, you might have seen a few problems in your life. This is an examination question, one that you use to examine yourself, and look at the way you use your time and thoughts and breath and, over all, life.

I hope that this helped you see how important it is to examine your priorities, and how you need to think in regards to what you will be "when you grow up." I want to end with this question. Do you think more about what "you" want to be when you grow up, or what God has already predestined you to be?

No comments:

Visitors