Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last night...

Last night I had a weird thing happen. I was lying down in bed, half trying to go to sleep, half thinking and praying about what project He wants me to do, when a verse came into my mind. I have never read it before, but for some reason, it just came to my mind. So I grabbed my Bible and turned to it. It is Isaiah 52:3. It says, "For thus saith the Lord, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money."

After I got to thinking about it I know why God led me to this verse. I was praying about what I should raise money for, I've always known that you can't save people with money, but I still wanted to help them with money, so God just stepped in to make me stop for a minute, and make me think about what I was doing, and what Jesus did to save us.

In this verse God says that we have sold ourselves for nothing, and we will be saved without money. Jesus saved us, not with money, but with His life. He gave his life for us, He died in our place. We should always look to Him, and bow down to Him, and worship Him. Nothing that we can do will get us into heaven, God saved us, Jesus paid the price, not with money but with His precious life.

I thank God that He showed me this verse, I just needed to stop, and listen.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow! That is so cool how God spoke to you like that. Great message too, btw! God bless you!
~Chelsea

Rachel said...

Hey girl :) You are awesome and I love this post :) Sorry I havent been on in a while. But I have updated my blog :) LYLAS!!!!! :)))

Visitors