Sunday, August 10, 2008

Verses

Remember how I told you about the class we had on friendship? Well, here are some more verses that she put in our folders.

1 Timothy 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

John 13:15 "For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you."

Ephesians 5:8, 15-16 For you were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of the light ... Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil.

Psalm 19:7-8 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making the wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Psalm 119:9-11, 33, 60, 63 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping (it) according to Thy work. With all my heart I have sought Thee; do not let me wander from Thy commandments. Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee... Teach me, O LORD, the way of Thy statutes, and I shall observe it to the end...
I hastened and did not delay to keep Thy commandments..
I am a companion of all those who fear Thee, and of those who deep Thy precepts.

Matthew 5:16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Mark 8:38 "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

I really want to thank you C., for looking up all of these verses and more for us!

No comments:

Visitors