Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Do Hard Things Quote

Today I read a couple chapters in the Do Hard Things book, and I found a really cool quote that I wanted to share with you all. It is on page 120, they said, "This verse (Proverbs 13:20) reminds us that friends can be a curse or a blessing depending on whether they are wise or foolish. It also tells us that we become like our friends. You've heard the old saying, ' you are what you eat.' It's probably just as accurate to say, ' you are who you hang out with.' If we want to be wise, mature, and godly, we have to make friends with people who have those qualities." I really like how they put that, and it is so true. If you hang out with people who don't care about God, what kind of influence are they going to have on you? They also say further on that you have to be careful to chose your friends wisely, the Bible says not to "hang out" with evil people. They can lead you in the wrong direction.

I am about half-way through the book and I love it! I encourage all teens to read it also.

No comments:

Visitors