Monday, August 4, 2008

being a faithful friend

The Church we attend is pretty small , and the youth group is really small . We usually have about eight kids all together. We have youth group on Sunday nights, I usually don't go , but the older sister of a friend of mine was doing a lesson on friendship last night, so I decided to go.

At the beginning of the lesson she gave each of us girls a little folder with some Bible verses, quotes and other things in it. It was a fantastic experience for me, to see how these verses applied to me and my friends, at co-op or church or wherever. Here are some of them:

*Philippians 1:27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.

*Colossians 3:12-13 And so, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.

* Titus 2:7 In all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds.

*1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another, and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

There were so many other wonderful verses, but I picked my favorites, I will put more out later. Now here are some quotes that she also put in the folder:

*You can make more friends in a month by being interested in them then in ten years by trying to get them interested in you. - Dale Carnegie

*Don't make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up. -Thomas J. Watson

*The only way to have a friend is to be one - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I will also post more quotes later. This class was so very well organized and I hope it benefited not only me but the other girls in the class. :)

No comments:

Visitors