Howdy Y'all! Well, this recap post is a bit late, sorry about that. Y'all need to remind me next time! lol. Remember to ask God for His guidance before you start studying today!
Chapter two consisted of parts 6-13. Like the first recap, I am going to list the different things we talked about.
1. Paul told Timothy to remember what he taught him, so that he can teach others. Verse 2.
2. He tells him to be a good soldier of God, and endure hardships, so that he may please God, who chose him. Verse 3.
3. No soldier entangles himself in things of this world, so should we also as soldiers of God. Verse 4.
4. The example of a man in a game. If he heeds the rules then he might win a crown, if not, then he will lose. Verse 5.
5. The example of a husbandman/farmer. He who works, shall reap first. Verse 6.
6. Paul tells us to remember that Jesus was of the seed of David, and was raised from the dead. Verse 8.
7. Paul says that he suffers like a criminal, and is bound, but the Word of God is not, and cannot be bound. Verse 9.
8. Paul writes that he endures all of his sufferings for the elect's sakes, that they may also have salvation. Verse 10.
9. He compares what we do/did/will do, to what Jesus did/is doing. "It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: if we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: if we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." Verses 11-13.
10. Do not speak words to no profit, only what should/needs to be spoken and/or heard. Verse 14.
11. He tells us to study so that we don't need to be ashamed, and we can rightly divide the word of truth. Verse 15.
12. Paul tells us about two men who are leading others astray with false teachings. Verses 16-18.
13. He tells us that the foundation of God still and always will, stand sure. And that God already knows all of the people that are His. Verse 19.
14. The example of the vessels of gold, silver, wood, and earth; in the great house. Some vessels made to honour and some to dishonour. Verses 20-21.
15. Lastly, he tells us how a Christian leader should act, what he should do, and not do. Verses 22-26.
Once again, I really hope they are all linked correctly! =) I hope y'all are having a good week so far! In Him, Buttercup :)