Hey Y'all! Once again it's hump day! Hope y'all are having a good one! Remember to pray before we start our recap today! :)
1. First, we learned about how, in the last days, people will be horrible. Paul gives us a list of what people will be, and do, in those days. Verses one-five (parts one and two), through six and seven.
2. Paul used Jannes and Jambres as example of people who "resist the truth," and have "corrupt minds." Jannes and Jambres were two of Pharaoh's magicians who were there when Moses was trying to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Verses eight and nine.
3. He lists the things that Timothy knows about him. Verses ten and eleven.
4. He tells about his persecutions and affliction. And lists three cities where he was persecuted. But he makes quite clear that it was not him who got himself out of it, but God. He gives God all of the credit. Verse eleven.
5. He also says on the subject of persecution, that every Christian will be persecuted. No exceptions. Verse twelve.
6. The bad people, will get worse and worse, and will deceive themselves and others. Verse thirteen.
7. Paul tells Timothy to continue doing what he knows is right. Verse fourteen.
8. He says that Timothy grew up learning about the Bible, and the things in it. And what it says teaches us about salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. Verse fifteen.
9. He makes quite clear that even though men wrote the Bible, God inspired it. Verse sixteen.
10. He also lists what the Bible is profitable for. Verse sixteen.
11. Lastly he says what he said before in chapter two verse twenty one, "That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." Verse seventeen.
What are your thoughts on this chapter? Personally, I really enjoyed it!