Thursday, July 14, 2011

VBS - Voyage (day) Three

Howdy y'all!

Wow! I slept in until 9:30! I NEVER do that! Guess that tells you how exhausted I was. But compared to the leaders of the 5-kind class and the leaders of the 1-2 grade class, I was full of energy!

Last night went great!!! The skit was SO funny! And they got their point across with flying colors - we can't save ourselves, only through Jesus Christ can we be saved. Four of my best friends are in the skit, and man, they are doing a FANTASTIC job!!!

Outside, we did water balloons during game time! Oh, it felt SO good!!! We played a the game where you have two rows of kids facing each other about four feet apart, and they have to toss the water balloon to their partner without breaking it, take a step back, and do it again. The last team to still be going wins the game. Because we had an uneven number of kids, I (in all my wisdom) offered to be the last kid's partner. Let's just say, I was the one to get soaked from the knees down. The bottom few inches of my shorts, and my shoes and socks were soaked, but man did it feel great in that hot weather! My partner and I, I must say, did pretty good; I think we got probably 20 feet apart, still throwing a 5in diameter water balloon!

Again, your prayers are so very appreciated as we try to teach these kids this week and as we shine as lights for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thanks, y'all!

In Christ alone,
Buttercup

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Sounds like you're having an amazing time helping out with VBS! :) I am going to be helping out with the three year olds at my church's VBS pretty soon and I am excited about it, but also kind of nervous because you know how 3 year olds can be...

Anyways, I will be praying for you as you continue to help out with VBS and I hope that you will have an amazing week!

Love ya,
Chelsea<3

Visitors