Monday, July 18, 2011

This is the good life!

Just recently, I found that I am a huge Audio Adrenaline fan. I never really listened to them before, even though we have had two of their CD's for as long as I can remember, but for the last few days, I have listened to their CD, "Underdog", many times through, especially the first four-six songs.

Before I say anything else, I'll just state that they have AWESOME lyrics! Love it! And since I listen to the lyrics and not so much the music...well, lyrics make the song for me!

Track four on Underdog is a song called Good Life, and one line hooked my attention more than any other line...

...and the people that I've loved the most, just turned their backs and ran...

ouch.

Every time I hear that line I get shivers up my spine. Anyone that has ever loved anyone knows that this would hurt SO bad! I know that would be insanely difficult for me. Just having friends move away hurts SO bad, but having the people that I love the most - my family and friends -just turn their backs and run...phew. I don't even want to think about it. Let's see what the rest of the song says...

...this is the good life! I've lost everything I could ever want and ever dream of....

Uh, wow. At first this sounds kinda oxymoron. You know? I can just picture someone standing out in the rain, owning just the clothes on their back, all alone, and singing loudly with their arms outstretched: "This is the good life!" But let's go on...

...this is the good life! I found everything I could ever need here in Your Arms...

Ah! Yes! Maybe you've lost everything you ever wanted and ever dreamed of, but friend, you can find everything that you ever need in the arms of Christ!

------------------

I've watched my dreams all fade away
And blister in the sun
Everything I've ever had is unraveled and undone
I've set upon a worthless stack
Of my ambitious plans
And the people that I've loved the most
Have turned their backs and ran

This is the good life
I've lost everything
I could ever want
And ever dream of
This is the good life
I found everything
I could ever need
Here in Your arms

Loneliness has left me searching
For someone to love
Poverty has changed my view
Of what true riches are
Sorrow's opened up my eyes
To see what real joy is
Pain has been the catalyst
To my heart's happiness

This is the good life
I've lost everything
I could ever want
And ever dream of
This is the good life
I found everything
I could ever need
Here in Your arms

What good would it be
If you had everything
But you wouldn't have
The only thing you need

This is the good life
I've lost everything
I could ever want
And ever dream of
This is the good life
I found everything
I could ever need
Here in Your arms

------------------
In Christ alone,
Buttercup

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Wow. Those lyrics are sooo amazing and sooo true! And it's really encouraging to know that even when we've lost everything, Christ is always there with us waiting with open arms. I don't think I've ever listened to any Audio Adrenaline songs, but I'll definitely have to check them out! Thanks for sharing this with us!

KUTAW! :)

Visitors