Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation Bible School - Day One

Hey Y'all, sorry I haven't posted in a whole week, but I've been pretty busy, and tired. lol. We had our first night of VBS at our church last night, and man, was it great! I love VBS! This is my third year to help, and Poppy's second. I think, now that I'm a teen, that I enjoy helping and teaching more than I do being one of the kids. haha.

Our church is doing Space Probe this year! This is our second time to do this theme, we did it four years ago. Space Probe is one of VBS Reachout Adventures' curriculum's, and it works great! One family in the church did the decorations, and it looks awesome! We've got this tunnel thing, and planets, stars, it's really spacey-looking!

But the most important activity of the night, above all the decorations and games and so forth, is the lessons. We are teaching the kids about Creation, the Fall, Cain and Abel, and the Flood. And thus, teaching them of God's plan for us, and the sending of His son to be our Ark of Salvation. I really hope the kids all understand, and that we can make an impact on their lives in such a way that they will not soon forget, and that they will be able to go home and tell their parents about what they learned about Christ. That is our pray for VBS, this year and every year.

Our church is pretty small, but we had a huge number of kids last night! It was incredible! Compared to our 38 kids on the first night of VBS last year, we had 59 last night! Going up by over twenty is huge! The sanctuary was quite full! And in the 1-2 grade group that I was in, we had 16 kids! It was awesome!

Besides being a "Flight Attendant" for the 1-2 grade group, I am also the photographer, which ended up not being so great because I couldn't leave my group to take pictures of the other groups, so I gave my camera to an adult in the church and let him take most of the pictures. :) Thanks! Also, I am in the skit. I am "Heartman" and I am the "good-guy". *YES!* I hate being the bad-guy. lol.

So anyways, we were about to go on stage last night I was just about to be sick. I promise you, I was scared to death! My poor friends were trying to make me feel more confident and they really helped, although I felt as if I was going to be sick, even once we got on stage...that wouldn't have been good...would it? lol. Thank you, "Shorty", for helping me!! I love you, girl! So, if y'all would pray that I would be more confident tonight, and that I don't freak again, that would be awesome! I just have to keep reminding myself of Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

And please be praying for...

  • the workers. That the kids would see Christ's light through our words and actions.
  • the kids. That they would understand what we are trying to teach them, and that they would accept Christ.
  • the parents. That when they pick up their kids that they would see Christ's light through us in the way we speak and act, and that they also would come to know Christ.
  • VBS as a whole. That it runs smoothly, and that we would be able to lead some kids (and maybe some adults too) to Christ.
In Christ alone,
Buttercup

P.S. I'll try to post every day this week, but don't count on it. lol.

2 comments:

Cindy Jasmine said...

oh yay! this is so great! thanks for posting. *wishing she was there helping* I'm so happy for you guys- this seems awesome! I'll pray for you :)

Buttercup said...

yeah, I wish you were here, too! Thanks!

Visitors