Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crocheted Hair Scrunchy Tutorial

Hey Y'all!

In the random post that I wrote a few days ago, I mentioned that I figured out how to crochet around a hair rubber band, and said that I'd post a tutorial if anyone was interested. Someone was. :) So here we go! If it doesn't make sense, please just ask questions! I love to hear from y'all, and would love to help you in any way I can!

Step one: gather your supplies.

What you need:

  1. yarn. I have used fuzzy, hairy, and soft ones. just have fun!
  2. scissors. any will do.
  3. hair rubber bands. I got a pack of 36 good ones at Dollar Tree for a buck. not bad!
  4. a crochet hook. I used F some of the time and G some of the time. But feel free to experiment!


Step two: start your crochet. put your slip knot on the hook, grab your yarn, and get ready! Hold it like this - with a few fingers holding your rubber band, and the yarn over the band, and the hook under. It's easier than it sounds, trust me.


Step three: Grab the yarn with the hook like you are about to do a chain stitch, and pull it under and through.


Step four: do it again and again and again...


If the yarn is over the hook, go under. If the yarn is under the hook, go over. So that you have yarn going all the way around. The movie should help you. No need for any sound, it doesn't have anything worth hearing. lol. I hope it works, it's not working right now...if it doesn't I'll try to re-post it tomorrow.

Step five: crochet around the entire rubber band, and keep pulling all the stitches closer together until you have it the thickness you like it. Just remember to keep your stitches pretty tight, so they don't come undone!

The finished product!

Questions are welcome! So don't be shy! :)

In Christ alone,
Buttercup

No comments:

Visitors