Monday, September 20, 2010

Created for a Purpose

This is the latest poem I've written, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Why do anything kind,
Why do anything worthwhile,
If this life is all there is,
If we don't have anything after death?

If all we do shall be forgotten,
If we are never remembered,
Why do anything to be remembered by,
If it benefits you nothing?

Why do something to benefit others,
If they shall die someday, too?
Why live like we have a purpose,
If we have no purpose?

Why are we here?
What is our purpose?
Who should we worship?
Where are we going?

To worship God and enjoy Him.
To show the lost the Savior.
God and God alone.
To be with Him forever.

Life is full of questions,
Both that get answered,
And those that don't.
So we must trust Christ, for He knows all.

We were created for a Purpose!

By Buttercup

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great poem! Very ecclesiastical:) You've answered the most important question that people struggle with. Oh that I would NOT act like I'm a descendant of apes.

Sally said...

Beautiful as always! I sure hope this will be scheduled to post on Anecdote soon :)

Shelley said...

Nice poem! You are so right! We were created for a purpose! :)

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Very nice! :)

I love your blog... and I WOULD follow... but my computer wont let me :(

I'll have to come back later and try again.

Could you please leave me a comment on my blog so that I can find you later????

Love,
Bleah Briann @ Blonde4christ.blogspot.com

Visitors