Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Fall and time for a challenge!


Hi Y'all! Well, all day it's been quite chilly, rainy, and windy! As long as I am indoors, and not out, this is my favorite weather! If I'm outside...just stop the rain. :)

Well, seeing that it is now fall, and the month of November, we are getting quite close to Christmas! Dangerously close for those of us who like to make all our gifts! Anyways, in honor of fall, I am going to propose a challenge!

The Challenge
Fall Actions of Thoughtfulness

It sounded kind of weird to me, but not so much that I would try to find another name. The idea is not mine, but another blogger's. But they named theirs "Random Acts of Kindness." So, to be honest, I just typed that into Microsoft word, right clicked each word, found a synonym that I liked, and went with it! lol. (Just in case you thought I've lost it... no, "fall" is not a synonym of "random". But all the synonyms for "random" were bad - not the "random" that I'm trying to get across.)

So that I don't leave anything out, let's get organized with the classic 5W's and an H:

Who: Anyone who wants to.
What: Fall Actions of Thoughtfulness
Where: Everywhere! You figure out what your going to do, and then go do it for someone.
When: From now until November 30th. Making it a month-long thing, I think, will give all of us plenty of time to do many different things! No time excuses.
Why: To do things for others and to bring glory to God by thinking of others instead of ourselves.
How: is this necessary???

Here are some ideas to get you started:
  • Fall/Thanksgiving cards. Who doesn't like receiving a card or note from a friend? It is a simple thing that says that someone took time to think of you.

  • Small gifts. I.e. crocheted scarf, earrings, photo of you and them, etc.

  • Take on someone else's chores or do a service for free.
These are just a few ideas, but there are so many things you can do! Get creative!

This challenge is open to anyone, and it will be a challenge. Doing things for others, taking time to do something for someone else and not for ourselves can be hard, but it is awesome when you can lift someone up and make their day; and at the same time, be a shining light in a dark world.

Please, don't shy away from this challenge! Do it with me! I'll be posting what I do so that y'all can hopefully get some ideas and encouragement from it, so I would like you to post too! When you do, please share it with me and my other readers:




When you do put it in here, please put the link to the exact post, and not just your blog - because that makes it hard to find your post sometimes.

In Christ,
Buttercup

P.S. On the 20th, I'll propose a special, extra challenge! So be sure to look out for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to enter in the linky list...but it was acting weird. I think it's our internet.

In case it didn't come through click HERE

Thanks!

Visitors