Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Actions of Thoughtfulness challenge - what I've done

Hey Guys! I really hope that you have participated in this challenge, no one has told me so, but I can still hope, right? :D

Anyways, I know this post is LONG overdue, and I apologize, but better late then never!

First, for the past couple weeks, I've been making Thanksgiving cards for some of my friends. I've been making them out of colored construction paper that I got at the dollar store (it is really good construction paper though), a glue stick, scissors, and a pen! Easy cheesy, but I think they turned out good. :)

I traced a slightly real looking, plastic leaf, then just kept tracing the leaves I cut out. Needless to say, the leaves got quite a bit bigger as time went on. lol. So they kinda hang over the edges of the cards, but I think that's cool. I think I made a total of about 20 cards before I ran out of construction paper. Well, all I have left are black, blue, pink, and purple! haha.


In the inside on the left I wrote out 1 Thessalonians 5:18a - In everything give thanks. And on the right side I wrote a note to the receiver. Though, only a couple (uh, one or two?) have personal notes, the rest are all the same (because I'm not creative like that). Nonetheless, it's the thought that counts, right? And I worked hard on 'em. :)

Second...aw man. I just went totally blank. I know I did other things, and I was thinking of all of them when I was thinking about this post! Ahh! I hate that. Well, when I remember, I'll post.

So what have you been doing? I hope you've taken this challenge with me, I really do. It's a great time to remember to think about others first - and do things for others before you do things for yourself.

Lastly, I want to encourage you to read these two posts: by Anna and by Chelsea, they are really great!

Till I remember what I did or I think of a good post!
In Christ,
Buttercup

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good points!

Visitors