Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two Beautiful Psalms

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not be in want
He make me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He quides me in paths of righteousness
for his name sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
Iwill fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You propare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life.
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord,
all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us,
and we are his;
we are his people,
and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love
endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through
all generations.
-two psalms of David
NIV

No comments:

Visitors