Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2nd Homeschool Co-op Starts

Our 2nd homeschool co-op started on Monday, and it was so much fun! My classes are: 1st period: Tae Kwon Do, 2nd period: Microscope Biology, 3rd period: Volleyball. So, this semester I have two sport type classes and one study type class. I am so glad that I got those classes, those were my first choices. Now I will describe each class to you like I did on Friday.

Tae Kwon Do is basically a type of karate. I did it last semester too, so I am already a gold belt. I was really sore on Tuesday since I had not practiced or done the stretching like that all summer. This semester I am going to try to test for my Orange belt.

Microscope Biology is going to be really fun I think. My teacher has a few really good microscopes for us to use, which I think is really cool. I did not think that I would like it very much, but I love it and it is very interesting. I am taking the class with one of my sisters.

This is the second semester I have taken Volleyball, 'cause I loved it! My Mom played Volleyball when she was little, so I thought that I should try it too.

Doing two co-ops a week sometimes gets hard, but I love it because I get to be with my friends that don't go to the same church as me. A plus to being homeschooled is that you are not under the influences of other kids, that don't share your same beliefs, and I think that is so important. The Bible tells us not to be "yoked together with unbelievers." Or in other words, don't hang out with people that don't believe in God. They are bad influences. I will update you on co-op as much as I can. I hope you enjoy reading about it!

No comments:

Visitors